The objective of the EGSA Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans program is to support our Nation’s armed services veterans as they return from service, offer a technician certification test and at the same time the opportunity to become engaged with our organization. This annual grant is designed to provide qualified individuals with a full ride on costs associated with the EGSA Certified Technician test (Apprentice or Journeyman level). The Grant will provide, at no charge, the test study guide, a copy of On-Site Power Generation: A Comprehensive Guide to On-Site Power and pay the certification testing fee. A small charge to cover the proctor’s fee may be payable on site by the technician.
Applicants must hold an Honorable Discharge from one of five United States Armed Services (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy or Coast Guard) or be an Active Reservist or National Guard or be a Member of the Royal Canadian Armed Forces and have served in the Electric Power Generation Field.
Below is a list of service specialties associated with Power Generation:
• USACE–Prime Power Production Specialist (12P)
• US Army Corps–Power Generation Equipment Repairer (91D)
• US Navy–Machinist’s Mate, Electrician’s Mate, Engineman
• US Marine Corp.–Military Occupational Specialties MOS 1141, MOS 1142 and MOS 1169
• US Coast Guard–Machinery Technician, Electrician’s Mate
• US Air Force–Electrical Power Production Specialist (3EOX2)
• Canadian Armed Forces Equivalent
• Other positions that relate to the On-Site Power Industry
Required Submittal Materials Will Include the Following Documents:
• Complete the EGSA Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans Application
• Provide a typed cover letter and resume
• Provide a minimum of two military and/or business references including contact information
• Provide a copy of DD214 or equivalent to validate discharge status and service specialty
• Completed submissions must be postmarked or electronically dated by midnight October 1, 2017.
Notification to Recipients and Award of Grant
Applicants will be notified if they will be awarded a grant via email in early January. Each recipient will receive a copy of the appropriate study guide and On-Site Power Generation as part of the grant. Instructions for ordering study materials and scheduling the exam will be emailed to each winner. The Certification test must be taken before December 31, 2018.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1, 2017!
Applications that are not electronically dated or postmarked on that date will not be considered.