The objective of the Raymond G. Russell Education Grant for Veterans program is to support our Nation’s armed services veterans as they return from service, offer education in our industry and at the same time the opportunity to become engaged with our organization. This annual grant is designed to provide qualified individuals with a full ride on all costs associated with the EGSA George Rowley School of On-Site Power Generation (Basic or Advanced). Travel expenses that meet our travel policy are also included. The goal is to provide additional education, through attendance at a Rowley School, and improve the veteran’s skill set to make them more attractive candidate for hiring.
Applicants must hold an Honorable Discharge from one of five United States Armed Services (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy or Coast Guard) or be an Active Reservist or National Guard or be a Member of the Royal Canadian Armed Forces and have served in the Electric Power Generation Field. If presently enlisted, must be honorably discharged by December 31, 2016.
Below is a list of service specialties associated with Power Generation:
- USACE–Prime Power Production Specialist (12P)
- US Army Corps–Power Generation Equipment Repairer (91D)
- US Navy–Machinist’s Mate, Electrician’s Mate, Engineman
- US Marine Corp.–Military Occupational Specialties MOS 1141, MOS 1142 and MOS 1169
- US Coast Guard–Machinery Technician, Electrician’s Mate
- US Air Force–Electrical Power Production Specialist (3EOX2)
- Canadian Armed Forces Equivalent
- Other positions that relate to the On-Site Power Industry
Required Submittal Materials Will Include the Following Documents:
Completed submissions must be postmarked or electronically dated by midnight July 1, 2017.
- Complete the EGSA Raymond G. Russell Education Grant for Veterans Application form
- Provide a typed cover letter and resume
- Provide a minimum of two military and/or business references including contact information
- Provide a copy of DD214 or equivalent to validate discharge status and service specialty
- If presently enlisted, but due to be honorably discharged by December 31, 2017, provide a copy of your military I.D.
Notification to Recipients and Award of Grant
Applicants will be notified if they will be awarded a grant via email in late July. Each recipient will receive up to $2,500 to cover the cost of attending a Rowley School. The registration fee for the school will be deducted and then the veteran will be reimbursed for his/her travel expenses under the EGSA travel policy.
Reimbursed travel expenses will be made after the successful completion of a Rowley School and with the submission of all receipts. Eligible expenses include coach round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations for the duration of the school and meals not included in the school registration fee.
EGSA Raymond G. Russell
Education Grant for Veterans Program
1650 South Dixie Highway, Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33432
561-750-5575 phone • 561-395-8557 fax