EGSA's Two-Tiered Power Schools
The Basic School is a general, but still technical, overview of On-Site Power Generation equipment. The Basic School is designed for those who are working in nontechnical positions (such as Sales or Marketing, Administrative, or Company Management positions) and for those with less than three years experience working in the industry.
In comparison to the Basic School, the Advanced School offers more highly technical and in-depth coverage of the equipment. The Advanced School is designed for those who have attended the EGSA Basic On-Site Power Generation School; those who are employed in Engineering, Project Management, or Service positions; and for those with over three years working in the industry.
Full descriptions of all sessions are available in the brochure, which you can download below.
Our Basic Program sessions cover:
- Introduction to On-Site Power Systems
- Basic Electricity
- Prime Movers
- Introduction to Generators/Alternators
- Introduction to Automatic Voltage Regulators
- Introduction to Governors/Speed & Load Controls
- Starting Systems
- Introduction to Transfer Switches
- Generator Set Systems: Putting the Pieces Together
- Understanding Bid and Specification Documents
Our Advanced Program sessions cover:
- Advanced Generators/Alternators
- Genset and Critical Power System Controls
- Generator and System Protection
- Advanced Automatic Voltage Regulators (AVRs)
- Advanced Governors/Speed and Load Controls
- Advanced Transfer Switches
- Multiple Generator Paralleling Switchgear
- Engine Emissions
- Noise Control
- Advanced Generator Systems: Sizing to Service
Click here to find out where the schools are being held this year.
Click here to download the 2017 EGSA George Rowley School of On-Site Power Generation Brochure
About Our Instructors
Instructors for the EGSA Rowley Schools of On-Site Power Generation come from these leading firms:
Alban Engine Power Systems; ANNA, Inc.; ASCO Power Technologies; Basler Electric Co.; Chillicothe Metal Co.; Eaton; EGSA; GE Energy Services ; Generac Power Systems, Inc.; MTU Onsite Energy Corporation; O-K Generators; OmniMetrix; Onsite Power; PowerSecure International, Inc.; Pritchard Brown, LLC; SENS (Stored Energy Systems, Inc.); Woodward, and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to visit the FAQ page for our schools.