We believe that the certification process can be one of the most significant events in your career development. Here are just a few reasons why an On-Site Power Generator Technician should consider becoming EGSA-certified.
- Certification grants you professional credentials that are portable. Since it recognizes your individual accomplishments, EGSA's certification serves as an impartial, third-party endorsement of your knowledge and experience on a national level. Because EGSA is a national organization, your certification will follow you from employer to employer and from state to state. This includes our Apprentice and Journeyman levels of Certification.
- Certification reflects your knowledge, capabilities, accomplishments, and professionalism. EGSA certification symbolizes a level of personal achievement that confers pride and professional confidence. EGSA certification is a reflection of personal accomplishment because you have demonstrated your commitment to doing things the right way by meeting standards and requirements established by the On-Site Power generation industry. Your EGSA certification will provide assurance that you have the knowledge and expertise to do the job properly.
- Certification demonstrates your commitment to your profession. Obtaining EGSA certification shows your peers, supervisors and, in turn, the general public, that you are committed to your chosen career and have the ability to perform to set standards.
- Certification enhances the profession's image. EGSA's certification program seeks to grow, promote and develop certified professionals who can stand "out in front" as individuals who promote excellence and improved customer service and, in turn, build up the reputation of the profession and the industry.
- Certification can lead to better career opportunities, advancement and increased earnings potential. EGSA certification may give you the "edge" over your non-certified peers when it comes time for promotion. Your EGSA certification will signify that you have demonstrated proficiency in specific technical areas based on accepted standards. Once certified, you may experience increased earnings as a direct result of your certification status—a tangible and objective statement of your capabilities and initiative.
- Certification may prepare you for greater on-the-job responsibilities. EGSA certification is a clear indication of your willingness to invest in your own professional development. Certified professionals are more aware of their profession’s constantly changing technology, and they have the desire to anticipate and respond to change.
How does the program work?