Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans
The objective of the EGSA Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans program is to support our Nation’s armed services veterans as they return from service, offer an educational opportunity, a technician certification test and at the same time the opportunity to become engaged with the On-Site Power Generation industry and our organization.
The EGSA Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans presents the following opportunities for US and Canadian military veterans:
- Attend a Rowley Basic School of On-Site Power Generation and take the Apprentice Level EGSA Technician Certification test.
- Attend a Rowley Advanced School of On-Site Power Generation and take the Journeyman Level EGSA Technician Certification test. (Technicians must have a minimum of 3 years of field experience before they can take the Journeyman test).
- Or, just attend a Rowley School or just take a Technician Certification test.
The grant pays for the transportation, registration and hotel accommodations for the school of your choice and for the appropriate Certification study guide, a copy of the 700 page reference book, On-Site Power Generation: A Comprehensive Guide to On-Site Power and the cost of the test. (A small charge to cover the proctor’s fee may be payable on site by the technician).
Click here for details on the Rowley Schools.
Click here to go to Technician Certification.
This comprehensive grant provides military veteran technicians with the chance to increase their knowledge of on-site power generating systems – and a certificate to prove their level of knowledge to their present or future employers. And remember, the EGSA Certified Technician program is non-brand specific and from the largest association of on-site power generation companies in the world.
Applicants must hold an Honorable Discharge from one of five United States Armed Services (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy or Coast Guard) or be an Active Reservist or National Guard or be a Member of the Royal Canadian Armed Forces and have served in the Electric Power Generation Field.
Below is a list of service specialties associated with Power Generation:
- USACE–Prime Power Production Specialist (12P)
- US Army Corps–Power Generation Equipment Repairer (91D)
- US Navy–Machinist’s Mate, Electrician’s Mate, Engineman
- US Marine Corp.–Military Occupational Specialties MOS 1141, MOS 1142 and MOS 1169
- US Coast Guard–Machinery Technician, Electrician’s Mate
- US Air Force–Electrical Power Production Specialist (3EOX2)
- Canadian Armed Forces Equivalent
- Other positions that relate to the On-Site Power Industry
Required Submittal Materials Will Include the Following Documents:
- Complete the EGSA Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans Application
- Provide a typed cover letter and resume
- Provide a minimum of two military and/or business references including contact information
- Provide a copy of DD214 or equivalent to validate discharge status and service specialty
- Completed submissions must be postmarked or electronically dated by midnight October 1, 2021.
Notification to Recipients and Award of Grant
Applicants will be notified via email in January if they will be awarded a grant. Each grant recipient will be able to attend the Rowley School of their choice during 2022. They will receive a copy of the appropriate study guide and the reference book On-Site Power Generation as part of the grant. Instructions for ordering study materials and scheduling the exam will be emailed to each winner. All benefits from the grant must be used during 2022 and may not be extended.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1, 2021!
Applications that are not electronically dated or postmarked on that date will not be considered.
Download the Application