What is the TOYA?
The TOYA (Technician of the Year Award) is a one-of-a-kind, prestigious award granted to an EGSA certified technician. It is awarded annually at the EGSA Fall Conference.
If you know a technician that consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty, we strongly encourage you to nominate him or her. Boost employee morale, gain positive exposure for your company, and honor the unsung heroes of our industry by nominating your best technician for this unique recognition.
- Candidates must be employed by an EGSA member company in good standing. In the event that a TOYA applicant is nominated, selected as the winner and then has the employment terminated - the nomination will stand as valid as long as the new employer is an EGSA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be an EGSA certified technician. In the event that the TOYA applicant's re-certification expires in the month the contest completes (August), the technician must make arrangements to sit for the test so that there is no lapse in certification.
- Must be a first time winner.
- Complete the Online Application Below. Please note: The person completing the application should be familiar with the TOYA Applicant with regard to their EGSA Certification Number (also called the Ferris State University (FSU) Number), the applicant’s employment history and his/her contact information.
- Submit a Photo of the Applicant. As part of the application, please send us a photo of the TOYA Applicant (in .jpg or .tiff formats only, please) as we would like to use this picture to market future efforts for the TOYA Program. DISCLAIMER: No scoring weight will be given to the photo in the TOYA panel scoring.
- Phone Interview. In the event that your technician is selected as one of our semi-finalists, we will ask you to take part in a phone interview to be conducted by EGSA Staff and our judges (who are fellow members). This portion of the process will account for as much as 20% of the total graded score.
How will you know your TOYA Application was received?
Upon completion of the entire application process, an email will be sent to you confirming an accepted and completed application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact EGSA.
Interested in becoming a TOYA Sponsor?
Click here to learn more.