What is the TOYA?
The TOYA (Technician of the Year Award) is the most prestigious award in the power generation industry. It is a one-of-a-kind award granted to an EGSA certified technician. A winner is announced annually.
If you know a technician that consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty, we strongly encourage you to nominate him or her. Honor the unsung heroes of our industry by nominating a technician for this unique recognition. Nominations for this year's Award due by July 15th 2022. Scroll down to fill out Nomination form.
TOYA Winner Benefits:
- Technician of the Year Winner receives $1000 Gift Card, TOYA Winner Trophy, Leather Bomber Jacket with TOYA Patch (up to $400 value), Complimentary EGSA Recertification, Recognition in Powerline Magazine, and Congratulations placement on the EGSA website.
- Technician of the Year Winner’s Company receives 2 Complimentary Registrations for any employee to any EGSA Schools (includes Basic and Advanced Schools of On-Site Power and/or Load Bank School), Company Highlight Article in 1 Powerline Magazine (article can be non-TOYA related), EGSA Sponsored Luncheon for winner up to 10 guests ($500 Value), and Congratulations placement on the EGSA official website.
- 1st and 2nd Runner Ups receive $100 Gift Card, 50% off EGSA Recertification, and Plaques.
- 1st and 2nd Runner Ups Companies receive 1 Complimentary Registration for any employee to any EGSA Schools (includes Basic and Advanced Schools of On-Site Power and/or Load Bank School).
- Candidates must be employed by an EGSA member company in good standing. In the event that a TOYA applicant is nominated, selected as the winner and then has the employment terminated - the nomination will stand as valid as long as the new employer is an EGSA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be an EGSA certified technician. In the event that the TOYA applicant's re-certification expires in the month the contest completes (August), the technician must make arrangements to sit for the test so that there is no lapse in certification.
- Now accepting Apprentice and Journeyman Certified Technicians.
- Complete the Online Application Below. Please note: The person completing the application should be familiar with the TOYA Applicant with regard to their current employer.
- Follow Up. Upon receipt of the application, a follow email will be sent asking for additional information about the applicant’s skillset.
- Interview. In the event that your nominee is selected as one of our semi-finalists, we will ask them to take part in a phone interview to be conducted by EGSA Staff and our judges (who are fellow members). This portion of the process will account for as much as 20% of the total graded score.
How will you know your TOYA Application was received?
Upon completion of the entire application process, an email will be sent to you confirming an accepted and completed application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact EGSA.
Interested in becoming a TOYA Sponsor?
Click here to learn more.